2021 HMA Scholarship
HMA will be awarding $1,000 scholarships to two current Hmong college students who are actively pursuing plans to attend medical school and $1,500 scholarships to two current Hmong medical students who are interesting in serving the Hmong community.
Recipient will be announced and awarded in the Fall of 2021 (date TBD).
The selection of scholarship recipient is based on:
- Strong evidence of interest in medicine
- Strong evidence of plans to attend medical school or is currently enrolled in medical school.
- Academic achievement
- Any Hmong student who demonstrates excellence and perseverance in academics, demonstrates humanity, integrity, and strength of character and have an earnest hope of becoming a compassionate doctor
- Scholarship awardees must be actively attending an accredited four-year college/university or medical school in the United States of America.
- Scholarships are not renewable.
Please answer the following:
Full Name, Age, College/Medical School Name, Year Matriculated in College/Medical School, Anticipated Graduation Year.
- Why do you want to be a doctor?
- Describe how you demonstrate excellence and perseverance in academics and service.
- Describe how you demonstrate humanity, integrity and strength of character.
- (Medical Students): What are your plans after medical school? Describe how you will continue to serve the Hmong community as a Hmong medical doctor.
- Submit a video (MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video must be in Hmong and/or English.
- Video length should be no longer than 8 minutes.
- If recording on your phone, record in landscape mode (not vertical).
- Must submit your video from your school email.
- Due: October 10, 2021 11:59 PM CST
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us via facebook or email email@example.com